THE BEST TURKEY CHILI
Recipe developed by Monique at AmbitiousKitchen.com
This is a great recipe to take with you on the road to eat/drink by thermos! It is extremely high in fiber and protein, and low in fat and can last you multiple meals throughout your trip!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken (99%)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- For topping: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream
- Place oil in large pot and place over medium-high heat. Add in onion, garlic, and red pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Next, add ground turkey and break up the meat; cook until no longer pink. Next, add chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans, and corn.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary. Garnish with anything you’d like.
Nutrition Facts: Makes 6 servings (1 serving is 1/6 of chili)
Calories: 336 | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 32 g | Carbohydrate: 47 g | Fiber: 17.5 g
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092