Breakfast on-the-go Egg Muffin Cups
Need a grab and go healthy breakfast for your next road trip? This is for you! These egg muffin cups are so easy and healthy – you will love them. They are filled with yummy sautéed vegetables that add the most delicious flavor. These protein packed egg muffin cups won’t let you down! Easy to cook, pack up and go!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup green pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup yellow onion measured after chopping
- 2 cups baby spinach – roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
- 1 cup mushrooms measured before chopping
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- hot sauce optional for drizzling on top!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a standard non-stick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
- Sauté 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together.
- Stir in cooked veggies.
- Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
- These may also be frozen.
- To reheat, pop them in the microwave until warm.
Nutrition Facts (Makes 12 servings – Nutrition facts for 1 serving)
Calories: 50 Fat: 2 gm, Protein: 4 gm, Carbohydrates: 3 gm, Fiber: 0 gm
Recipe developed by Trevor and Jennifer of https://showmetheyummy.com/healthy-egg-muffin-cups/
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092