APPLE ALMOND ENERGY BITES
Recipe by Alicia Galvin Smith, MEd, RD, LD, CLT
It’s essential to recover with carbohydrates and protein post-workout, but when exercising late in the evening, you need to be careful with calories. These apple almond energy bites are a win for your post-workout on the road. You can prep a batch or two before you head out and then have one or two post-workout with a glass of milk. This is a recovery win!
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor. If the mixture looks a little wet, you can add in more oats.
- Roll into balls or use a cookie scoop to drop balls onto a lined baking sheet.
- Set in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (1 square):
Calories: 120 | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 3 g | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Fiber: 1 g
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092