BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
Recipe created by Christina Strudwick, MS, RD, CSSD, LD
Chicken meatballs are a tasty way to enjoy a popular food in a healthy way. Chicken is a lean protein which means that it is low in fat. These meatballs can be wrapped in a whole-wheat tortilla, paired with a whole grain pasta and veggies or taken on the road in your mini fridge for a quick, tasty, healthy dinner!
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 3/4 cup Panko
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce (or your favorite hot sauce!)
- Bleu cheese dressing (to drizzle on top or for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine panko, egg, garlic powder, onion powder and green onions; season with salt and pepper to taste. Once it is completely mixed, add in ground chicken and mix well. Roll the mixture into 1 1/4 – 1 1/2-inch meatballs, forming about 24 meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until all sides are browned. Take baking sheet out and rotate meatballs.
- Add buffalo sauce and gently toss to combine. Place sheet bake into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with bleu cheese dressing, if desired.
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 20 min
Nutrition per serving: 6 servings (4 meatballs, without bleu cheese dressing)
Calories: 125 | Fat: 2g | Carbohydrate: 6.5 g | Protein: 19 g
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092