OATMEAL PROTEIN PANCAKES
Recipe by Chef Eric Tonips
Whether at home or on the road, these protein pancakes are a great way to get in fiber and protein to stabilize your blood sugar and kick off your day with sustained energy!
- 1 cup ground oat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup whey protein
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 egg whites
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well-blended.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat, coat with non-stick spray.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Nutrition facts per pancake – makes 6 pancakes
Calories: 161 | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 9 g | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Fiber: 2.5 g
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092