“Grand Slam Popcorn”
Amy Goodson, MS, RD, CSSD, LD
Whether you are watching baseball at home or traveling the roads, a salty-sweet snack appeals to everyone. Choosing healthy items in the travel plaza is great for when you are out of snacks, but you can save some money and calories by bringing your own healthy snack. This Grand Slam Popcorn travels well and is a grand slam for a game or your health!
- 1 envelope Orville Redenbacher Natural Simply Salted 50% Less Fat, popped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup diced dried tart cherries
- (Option: add 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips if desired)
- Sprinkle hot, freshly popped popcorn with cinnamon, tossing to coat evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cranberries, and apricots. Mix well.
- Toss the nut, seed, and fruit mixture with the popcorn.
- Divide evenly among 6 snack sized bowls.
~Recipe by Stacey Chmiel, RD, LD ~
Nutrition Facts (6 servings per recipe):
Calories: 251, Fat: 15 gm, Protein: 7 gm, Carbohydrates: 28 gm, Fiber: 5gm
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092