Superfood Kale & Beet Salad with Salmon
Do you like salad? Kale yeah! Kale, beets, and salmon are all superfoods and full of nutrients. When you put them all together, it is a power meal! Venture out with this delicious combination.
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey, divided
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 4 medium golden beets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups torn stemmed Lacinato or curly kale
- 2 (6-ounce) cans pink or red skinless, boneless salmon, drained and flaked (such as Wild Planet)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Bring 2/3 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup water, and 2 teaspoons honey to a boil in a small saucepan. Add onion; boil 1 minute. Remove pan from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Pierce beets a few times with a knife; wrap in a large piece of microwave-safe parchment paper. Microwave at HIGH 7 minutes or until tender. Rub off skins with a paper towel. Halve beets; cut into wedges.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon honey, oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add beets and kale; toss to coat. Place about 1 1/2 cups kale mixture on each of 4 plates; top each with 3 ounces salmon, about 1/4 cup onion, and 1 tablespoon almonds.
- Add reserved orange sections, shaved fresh Brussels sprouts, and avocado to juice mixture; toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts (Makes 4 servings – Nutrition facts for 1 serving)
Calories: 355 Fat: 15.5 gm, Protein: 29 gm, Carbohydrates: 29 gm, Fiber: 6 gm
Recipe developed by Ann Taylor Pittman of http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/kale-beet-salad-salmon
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092