Lean Mean Cheeseburger Spinach Casserole
Need a delicious meal to pack up and head out with this week? This lean cheeseburger casserole is an all-in-one meal of veggies, whole grains, and lean protein. Package up this in a few containers and you are good to go with good nutrition!
- 8 oz. whole grain penne pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp reduced-sugar ketchup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the penne pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the onions and beef, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon until it is no longer pink and the onions are translucent – about 6-8 minutes.
- To the browned beef, add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese. Add the cooked penne pasta and stir everything together. Transfer the skillet contents to the prepared casserole dish and cover with the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve each serving over 1 cup fresh spinach.
Calories: 225 | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 20 g | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Fiber: 6 g
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092