Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese and Chives
Amy Goodson, MS, RD, CSSD, LD
Craving mashed potatoes, but don’t want the guilt that accompanies it? LOAD up on fiber and start shrinking your waistline. With only 80 calories per serving, you can make this your main dish. Add chicken, corn, and lettuce to the top for a healthy bowl! Tupperware this up and it is easy to take on the road as a vegetable side dish!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese (regular or low fat)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- Trim the stem from the cauliflower and cut it into small florets.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and simmer just until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower florets and transfer them to a food processor. Add the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese to the food processor and pulse until creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, stir in the chives, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with additional chopped chives.
Recipe developed by Kelly Senyei of https://www.justataste.com/mashed-cauliflower-cheese-and-chives-recipe/
Nutrition Facts (Makes 2-4 servings – Nutrition facts for 1 serving)
Calories: 80 Fat: 3.5 gm, Protein: 6 gm, Carbohydrates: 8 gm, Fiber: 6 gm
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092