Recipe developed by Melissa B. Williams of myrecipes.com
Craving something new for breakfast? Does it get any better than hazelnuts, apples, cinnamon, vanilla and brown sugar? The answer is no! This breakfast is filled with fiber, and so many vitamins and minerals to get your day off to a healthy start!
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups regular oats
- 1 1/2 cups diced Granny Smith apple (about 1 medium)
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Turn nuts out onto a towel. Roll up towel; rub off skins. Finely chop nuts, and set aside.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thick. Sprinkle with hazelnuts, brown sugar, and almonds.
Nutrition Facts (serves 6 – nutrition facts per serving below):
Calories: 258 | Fat: 8.4 g | Protein: 9.8 g | Carbohydrates: 36.3 g | Fiber: 6 g
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092