OVEN-BAKED OMELET ROLLS
Recipe developed by Ariella Nelson of www.perspectiveportions.com
Sick of the same ‘ol egg? These omelet rolls are great to pack up and take with you on the road! They provide protein along with other herbs and spices for flavor and health. Pair these with fruit or quick packet of oatmeal and you are set for a satisfied morning drive!
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots, tightly packed
- 1 cocktail tomato
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons green olives, minced
- 1 1/2 sheets nori (edible seaweed)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper, allowing a few inches to overhang on all sides.
- Mince shredded carrots and diced tomato – retaining all seeds and juices – and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until blended. Add milk, pepper, oregano, scallions, olives, carrots and tomato and whisk until combined.
- Pour egg mixture onto lined sheet pan and use a spoon to guide it to each corner. Layer nori sheets on top of the egg mixture. Carefully transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 13-16 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and slide parchment paper out onto a kitchen towel. Start from one of the longer sides and slowly roll the omelet away from the parchment and into a log shape.
- Use the parchment paper and towel to guide and protect your hands from the hot omelet. Arrange the seam side down and let cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Use a serrated knife to cut into 1 1/2 – inch pieces.
Nutrition Facts (Makes 4 servings – one serving is 2 rolls)
Calories: 113 | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 9 g | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Fiber: 1 g
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092