Spaghetti Squash Swap Lasagna
Love lasagna? This is a healthy and delicious twist on an Italian favorite. Did you know that Spaghetti Squash has 5 times fewer calories when compared to traditional pasta? This recipe even uses spinach with the spaghetti squash lasagna for extra added nutrients! Make this at home, portion into Tupperware containers and load up for your next trip!
- 2 small spaghetti squash (about 1½ lbs each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounces) package fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about ½ cup), divided
- 8 ounces 93% lean ground turkey
- 1½ cups lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as Deli’Amore)
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated (about ¼ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds; discard. Place squash halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°for 50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Scrape inside of squash with a fork to remove spaghetti-like strands. Place strands on a clean dishtowel; squeeze until barely moist.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat. Combine spinach mixture, squash strands, ricotta cheese, salt, and half of mozzarella cheese in a medium bowl.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add turkey to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add marinara sauce; cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°.
- Spoon sauce evenly into the bottom of each squash half. Top evenly with squash mixture. Sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to high (keep squash in oven). Broil squash 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Makes 4 servings – Nutrition facts for 1 serving)
Calories: 374 Fat: 18.9gm, Protein: 25 gm, Carbohydrates: 30 gm, Fiber: 6 gm
Recipe developed by COOKING LIGHT DIET http://www.cookinglight.com/microsites/spaghetti-squash-lasagna/?xid=un_site_ros_ck_ 20151201_spaghetti-squash
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092