The American Trucking Association recently released national poll findings that demonstrate the majority of Americans believe the trucking industry is essential to our nation’s economy and that truck drivers are among the safest on the road. The poll was commissioned by American Trucking Associations and conducted by Public Opinion Strategies between August 30 and September 1. The poll surveyed 800 registered voters and recorded their opinions regarding “politics, the trucking industry, and the state of infrastructure.”
Among its findings, the poll found that:
- 81% of Americans believe truckers are safer drivers.
- 91% of Americans believe car drivers are more likely to engage in risky behavior on the highway than truck drivers.
- 70% believe car drivers are more likely to be at fault when a car and truck collide.
- 34% of respondents believe that trucking’s safety record has improved over the past 20 years.
The majority of those polled:
- believe that trucks move most of the nation’s goods (63% – a three-point increase from 2014).
- have a favorable view of the trucking industry (60% – the highest among transportation modes).
- believe the trucking’s safety record was excellent or good (57%).
For more information and a copy of ATA’s presentation, visit American Trucking Association’s website at www.trucking.org.
TSA: Truckers Service Association
Truckers Service Association is a non-profit organization we work with to deliver specialized benefits and insurance products to owner-operators to optimally protect their businesses and families. Find out more about TSA by visiting their website, www.tsatruck.com. TSA offers a number of value-added benefits to drivers with membership.
With 12,000+ members, Truckers Service Association (TSA) knows what truckers need. Founded in 1995, TSA is a non-profit association dedicated to improving the profitability of owner operators and Motor Carriers. Insurance marketing provided by TrueNorth Companies.
TSA Insurance Customer Service Center:
500 1st St SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Truckers Service Association:
PO Box 92777 Southlake, Texas 76092